Wednesday, May 26, 2010

News at our house


Alex tried out for All-stars last Saturday. She came home and said "I think I did pretty good." So then the waiting began. Not Alex, she was playing with friends and having a good time. Her dad--not so much! I think Tyler worried more about her making it than he did about us getting married. He knew how hard it would be on her if she didn't make it, last year was not good--lots of tears! So we, I mean he, waited and waited for the phone call that was suppost to be around 8:00 pm. By 9:00pm we decided to prepare her for the worst. There were tears, Tyler tried to hold back:) But she handled it pretty well, especially when Ty took her to get her favorite milkshake. We had all decided that there was always next year. I was really proud of how she took the news, considering all the practicing she had done throughout the last year. I was also greatful, weird huh?, How else can I teach my daughter that we don't always get what we want the 1st, 2nd, 3rd...time we try, but at least we try. It's better to learn now right? I had the life's not fair lesson going the next day when the phone rings. Alex says "it's my coach." I said well at least we're prepared for what he has to say. The next thing I hear is "MOM I MADE IT!" What!! After all that, she ended up making the all-star team! Totally ruined my lesson for the day but I'll get over that! So our summer is pretty much taken but it will still be fun for all of us--I hope!

No comments: