Monday, October 19, 2009

Memories in the Making



This last weekend was the deer hunt. Janeen and Tony invited us to go with her family. We had such a great time. The memories came flowing back of hunting with my family. I know some of you will remember some of the things I do about the hunt.
First, ridding in the back of Danny's truck with Jill. We didn't want to just sit in the back, oh no, we put lawn chairs in the back. I don't think I have laughed so hard in my life. To this day, I don't know how either one of us didn't get hurt in some way or another. Some of you will understand if you've ever driven with Danny in the mountains! (Ha ha)
Second, three wheeling with the Noorda kids. Again, I can't believe we didn't get hurt!
Third (maybe I'll stop this numbering thing) Duck, Goose, and Rabbit hunting a few days before the deer hunt. Man, if we ever needed to fill the refrigerator with food between all of us I bet we had a 2 year supply!
I also remember the dam the boys built on the little stream. It was cold, but we had fun playing in the water.
Keli liking our porta potty because " it was short like her":)
Nikki, Jill and I standing by the truck when a bunch of deer come running by. All of us trying to get into the truck to retrieve my gun and the binoculars---Why? I have no clue!
And my favorite, sitting around the campfire at night just being with the Noorda's and my family listening to the stories of deer hunts past, I don't want to say anyone lies in this family, but they were some great STORIES! Oh, and the older kids trying to scare the daylights out of us with their stories of ghosts and wild Moose that could break into your trailer. (I couldn't sleep for 2 days thinking a moose would come tip over the trailer) I know, I'll believe anything!
I hope my kids have the same great memories I have when it comes to the deer hunt. I guess it all comes down to FAMILY traditions!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

My deer hunt memories were horrible. It sounds like you had a lot more fun than I did!

Nikki said...

I remember deer hunting with the Howards and Noordas. I still remember the time the truck wheels tipped into the huge ruts and everyone fell out of the bed of the truck. Of course Danny was driving. Fun Fun memories. I remember the first time I shot a shotgun was on one of the infamous rabbit hunts. Nearly knocked me on my keister.

Looks like you all had fun. Keeping up traditions.

Keli said...

Oh I used to love going hunting with you guys. We had the best time going around on the 4 wheelers all day. We had a "house" in the trees, with a garage and everything, and we had a steep hill we would drive up, turn around, and put the 4 wheeler in neutral and just hang on for the bumpy ride down. We called that one Rocky Road. We were so clever. Good times, good times.