Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Merry Christmas!


This is my favorite time of year. We get to reflect on the birth of our Savior and the many blessings we enjoy each day. I try to teach the kids the true meaning of what this is all about, but find the excitement of Santa is just too great. I was thinking, should I be frustrated that they aren't thinking about Christ this time of year and I came to this conclusion: I want my children to remember Christ each day and not just twice a year. Christmas and Easter are very important holidays, but remembering the Savior should be an EVERYDAY activity, not something saved for one occasion or another. So, I hope I am teaching my children the importance of His birth and death everyday and instilling in them how much He and our Father in Heaven truly love them. So, being the children that they are, they can be excited about Christmas and all that goes with it, because everyday is a celebration of our Savior's sacrifice for all of us. I know I am truly grateful!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Well said. I probably need to put more emphasis on Christ everyday too.